As a business, Rentokil formerly Oliver Exterminating is committed to protecting people, therefore we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and providing informative updates to our customers via our websites and direct communications.
In the interim, we want to reassure you that we are taking steps to remove potential risk factors, both for you in your day-to-day interactions and in those with our colleagues. We’ve gathered a list of commonly asked questions and concerns surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.
Coronavirus FAQ for Residential Customers
- How is Rentokil Formerly Oliver Exterminating protecting its customers and colleagues?
- To best protect our customers and colleagues, we are focused on education. With our colleagues, we continue to reinforce the enhanced need for good hygiene practices during this period of heightened concern around COVID-2019, such as the importance of frequent hand washing and cleaning with disinfectant for common areas.
- Oliver Exterminating colleagues who are sick are encouraged to speak with their manager and stay home when they are ill.
- If my pest specialist is diagnosed with coronavirus, what precautions has the organization established to prevent exposure to me or my family?
- We are taking all precautions to reduce the chances that an Oliver Exterminating colleague would have exposure to coronavirus. However, should one of our colleagues be diagnosed with coronavirus, we take several steps (outlined below).
- We are educating our colleagues on the signs and symptoms of the virus. If a colleague feels ill, they have been instructed to not continue to work and to notify their manager immediately.
- If a colleague has been diagnosed, we will remove that colleague from their work environment or service route immediately.
- We will follow all U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department guidance on notifying anyone who has been in close contact with that individual.
- Guidelines have been established to maintain our colleague’s privacy by following all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) guidelines.
- Should I alert Oliver Exterminating if a member of my household is diagnosed with coronavirus?
- Out of an abundance of caution, we ask that if you or a member of your household is diagnosed with coronavirus that you please alert Oliver Exterminating by calling our Customer Service Center. Customer confidentiality is of the utmost importance and this information will only be used to help us modify your service plan to ensure your home remains protected from pests.
- Oliver Exterminating is committed to doing our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Because coronavirus can be spread person-to-person, if you or another member of your household is diagnosed, your Oliver Exterminating District Manager will contact you to discuss modified service options for a limited period of time.
- How do I keep up-to-date on Coronavirus Disease 2019?
- How contagious is the coronavirus?
- According to the CDC, it is important to note that how a virus can spread from person to person will vary greatly. Sustained person-to-person spread in the community has been reported in countries around the world.
- As this is an evolving situation, there is still more to learn about the transmissibility and severity of Coronavirus Disease 2019. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- What can individuals do to prevent the spread of the virus?
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (Close contact is defined as 6 feet.)
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray and wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 30 seconds.
Need More Information on our Pest Control Services During COVID-19?
As a company, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any questions or concerns about your pest control needs during this unprecedented time, our pest control specialists are here to help. Contact our team today to learn more.Back to Residential Pest Control
Coronavirus FAQ in Puerto Rico
Serving San Juan | Ponce | Mayaguez | Vieques | Culebra