5 THINGS TO REMEMBER
Pests that invade a commercial property can cause a host of problems. With a few simple steps, you and your employees can keep bugs, rodents, and wildlife away from your property. Make sure that your employees stay vigilant, and take these daily precautions to prevent pests.
CLEAN UP FOOD
Never underestimate how much food draws pests’ attention. Whether your property has a commercial kitchen or a small food prep space for employees to eat lunch, any food mess can attract pests.
- • Clean up crumbs and spills immediately
- • Wipe down and sanitize surfaces
- • Store food in airtight containers
- • Rinse and clean dirty dishes immediately
WATCH FOR HARBORAGE
Pests love to make their homes in cluttered areas with lots of hiding places. Places like storage rooms and warehouses make the perfect harbor for roaches, rodents, and ants, especially if they aren’t kept tidy.
- • Inspect storage areas regularly for signs of infestation
- • Get rid of older boxes or supplies first, because pest activity is more likely to be there
- • Keep storage areas clean and free of clutter
MONITOR WATER SOURCES
Water attracts bugs and rodents more than any other substance. Anywhere that you see puddles of water or even condensation can be enough to attract pests.
- • Eliminate sources of standing water
- • Monitor and repair leaking pipes and faucets
- • Maintain drains to keep water flowing
KEEP IT CLEAN
Keeping a commercial space clean is everyone’s responsibility. Even if you have a cleaning crew come in at night, employees still need to share some of the responsibility for upkeep throughout the day. Every employee needs to be held responsible for their personal work zones.
- • Remove garbage and clutter from desks and floor
- • Do not eat anywhere other than designated food areas
- • Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors regularly
- • Sanitize all food areas
CALL A PRO
If you see one pest, chances are there are more that you can’t see. Keep your commercial property free of pests by calling in the help of a pest management professional from Oliver Exterminating.