Termites are a major problem for homeowners. Not only do they cause a lot of damage, it can be difficult to get rid of termites without the help of a professional termite exterminator. To avoid dealing with these pests, it’s important to know what attracts them to your property in the first place. The first step to preventing termites is to limit the things that they are drawn to. The team at Oliver Exterminating is here to share expert info on keeping termites away.
What Attracts Termites?
Termites are of course attracted to wood as they feed on cellulose. The main things that tend to attract termites to your property include:
- Improper drainage or leaky pipes causing excess moisture near or in your home
- Firewood or wood piles stored in or near your property
- Wooden foundations in direct contact with soil
- Airflow or ventilation issues causing excess humidity inside of a home
- Mulch or landscaping too close to the foundation of the property
How Do You Keep Termites Away From Your Yard?
In addition to limiting the presence of the above attractants, there are several other things you can do to keep termites away from your property:
- Be proactive about checking your home for pest problems.
- Fix broken roofs and seal gaps and crevices in the home.
- Keep a neat garden with trees and shrubs trimmed back.
- Regularly inspect porches, decks, and outdoor furniture.
- Get regular services from your local pest control expert.
How to Prevent Termites in Puerto Rico
No one wants to deal with a termite infestation. They are the number one most destructive pest in the nation! To keep your home or business safe from them year-round, the team at Oliver Exterminating can help. Our termite exterminators know how to prevent and control termites, keeping you and your family safe from the damage they can cause.
These Actions Could Be Attracting Termites in Puerto Rico
Serving San Juan | Ponce | Mayaguez | Vieques | Culebra