Restaurants are one of the most attractive places for rodents. There is always plenty of food and water around from spills on the floor, trash outside, and leftovers that end up accessible. All of these things are a natural part of the restaurant business, but to rodents, they are an open invitation to explore, eat, and drink—and that is where the problem begins. The first step in rodent control is in your hands—you have to take care of the things you can control to prevent rodents from getting inside or disrupting your business. If you’re looking to get rid of rats and mice in your restaurant in San Juan PR, read on for advice from the rodent exterminators at Rentokil, formerly Oliver Exterminating!
Why Do Rats and Mice Infest Restaurants?
Rodents find food processing plants and especially restaurants to be both easy and desirable targets in many cases! This causes headaches for restaurant owners all around San Juan PR. But why is it so easy for rodents to infest restaurants? The answer extends beyond the obvious fact that they’re stocked to the brim with food. Given that restaurants are often in crowded places that have to be open and welcoming to the public, they offer up both blatant and inconspicuous entry points to rats and mice living nearby. What’s more, all of the food waste that’s taken out to the garbage bins provides an incentive for rodents to continue to explore the area. The attractions continue to add up!
5 Tips to Keep Rodents Out of Your Restaurant
In order to keep rodents out of your restaurant, you have to take regular preventative measures in both the interests of general sanitation and focused rodent prevention. Here are our top 5 tips to keep out rats and mice in your restaurant:
- Clean up spills promptly: The best thing to do is to make sure every food spill, every water spill, and every grease spill has been completely cleaned up before closing. This is very important because rodents are active at night.
- Seal and store food: It’s imperative to ensure that all food is stored in airtight containers and stowed away properly before closing.
- Seal garbage: Check your outdoor garbage bins every night to ensure that they are tightly sealed. It is always preferable to use metal lids.
- Check for entry points: Doors and windows that leave small gaps could easily let rodents inside. Cracks in your foundation or plumbing fixtures could also attract rodents. Make sure you’re monitoring for entry points and sealing any gaps with silicone-based caulk or steel wool.
- Work with an exterminator: Setting up regular appointments with a rodent exterminator will ensure that rodents leave your business alone.
Pro Rodent Control in San Juan PR
To keep rodents out of your restaurant most effectively, call your local pest control company. The rodent exterminators at San Juan PR can remove all active rodents quickly and discreetly to keep your business space and reputation in good shape. Contact us today for a free quote!
Keep Rodents from Taking Refuge in Your Restaurant with These 5 Tips in Puerto Rico
Serving San Juan | Ponce | Mayaguez | Vieques | Culebra